List of Bad xyz

Subject: List of Bad xyz
From: Doreen Mannion <DoreenM520 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 12:43:57 -0400

Why not a list of bad employees then? Or bad degree programs? Bad
conferences?

I think information on bad employers is already out there. You can get it
once you've networked sufficiently with other tech writers. Keep in touch
with everyone you've ever worked for and with, whether you can stand them (or
their work style) or not. You then have a readily available data base of
sources, and you can give the answer the amount of credibility you think it
deserves based on the source. You can get info at local STC meetings.

As for bad managers=bad companies, not so. I've worked places where my
manager was awful, but I enjoyed my work. I've worked places where my manager
was great but the company was clueless.