Re: Developer wants to do documentation

Subject: Re: Developer wants to do documentation
From: Doreen Mannion <DoreenM520 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 19:17:10 -0400

re: developers who want to "do" documentation

I try to be flexible and work with each developer's preference. Some of them
want to give my writers typed notes, some want to be interviewed. Some don't
want to work on the doc at all. Some want to write practically the whole book
(I don't mind this when the release is an update, and the developer can
write). A lot of it has to do with the corporate culture, and how well your
developers can write. I am fortunate to work with some developers who are
excellent writers.

My team has learned to communicate with each developer or development team in
that team's preferred style. We are more productive that way, and everyone's
happier. Of course, if I had a developer who couldn't write yet insisted on
doing so, that would definitely present a problem!