Re: Online Help for Java Apps

Subject: Re: Online Help for Java Apps
From: Mary McCauley-Stiff <Mary_McCauley-Stiff -at- STRATUS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 11:58:44 -0400

Hi all,

I am also documenting a Java application. I have already sent *really*
detailed information to John Engler on what I am doing, so let me know
if you want me to send it to you also.

What I wanted to mention is that there is a Java product called jHelp
(http://w3.nai.net/~rvdi/jhelp/jhelp.html). JHelp is an HTML parser and
formatter that is intended for use with Java applications and applets.
You have the option of purchasing the source code so you can customize
the help system a bit. Interesting note: If you download the Beta 1
version of Corel Office for Java (http://officeforjava.corel.com/) you
will see that they are going to use jHelp for their online help.

The downside of jHelp is that it currently only supports HTML 2.0. So no
fancy stuff.

Mary McCauley-Stiff

mary_mccauley-stiff