Re: Any tools for editing PostScript?

Subject: Re: Any tools for editing PostScript?
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 21:53:45 +0800

> Is anyone aware of any tools that allow you to take a PostScript
> file and convert it to any editable format?

The Ghostscript distribution contains several PS converters:

ps2ascii extract ASCII text from PS files
viewps2a utility for displaying the output of ps2ascii
ps2ai convert PS file into form compatible with Adobe Illustrator
ps2epsi convert PS file into EPSI form

I haven't tried any of these -- just got this from a file psfiles.txt
in the Aladdin Ghostscript distribution. A good place to look is:

Ghostscript home page: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

Good luck.
---
Stuart Burnfield We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
<slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au> By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed, red and brown
Functional Software Till human voices wake us, and we drown