Re: FrameMaker Indexing

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Indexing
From: Lori Smith <lasmith -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 23:28:03 -0500

Dennis Hays wrote:

> FrameMaker's view of the world, as to indexing, is somewhat archaic. That
> the user is forced to "mark" each occurrence of a word, is quite time
> consuming and also boring. Other than Frame's ability to create "leveled'
> index categories, this indexing method is not the best.

There is a plug-in product for Frame I found in an STC mag called IX:gen
(?) I have not used it myself, but we have it in our office and are
expeciting to purchase it for all writers who wish to do their own
indexing. I don't know much about the features off hand, but I think it
will add back some of the ones lost in Word and WP.

Lori Smith
lasmith -at- iquest -dot- net