Re: Terminology for Windows 95/MS Office 97

Subject: Re: Terminology for Windows 95/MS Office 97
From: Earl Morton <WorkgWords -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 20:07:58 -0400

Hi, Steve!

What you're looking for is the _Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical
Publications_. It is published by Microsoft Press (ISBN 1-55615-939-0), and
is easily available in the US. (Any bookstore with a fair selection of
technical books should have it.) Sorry, I can't speak to other parts of the
world.

A word of caution: do what they say, and not what they do. There are numerous
places where they do not follow their own advice, neither in their product
documentation, nor even within this book.

I would also take their advice as just that: advice. I believe this book
represents what they have decided to do for their own documentation, but it
is not gospel truth for the industry. I don't believe they have always made
the best choice, so I don't follow them religiously.

Hope this helps!

Earl Morton
WorkgWords -at- aol -dot- com