Follow Up -- Tutorial: Book or Chapter?

Subject: Follow Up -- Tutorial: Book or Chapter?
From: Sue Heim <sue -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:39:08 -0700

First, I'd like to thank those who responded to my query about
separating the tutorial section of my user's guide and making it a
separate booklet (or keeping it all in one, as those "powers that
be" wanted). I forwarded many of your responses along, yet they
still had not made a decision as to what to do.

This morning, the prez came in and told me that the decision was to
*create a separate book* for the tutorial section! Yippee!!

Ya wanna know the reason why? Not because of anything I said (or
anything any of youse guys said)! Last week we had meetings with
end-users (both academic and corporate) to determine the future
direction of our product(s). And the question about the tutorial was
presented to 'em, our users. And know what? Unanimously, the users
said to keep it separate!! And now they (the powers that be) are
listening to what I said, and why.

Why, oh why, do we have to fight political battles in order to ensure
that our users get the best possible user documentation? (Don't
answer that -- it's purely rhetorical!!)

Anyways, thanks y'all!!

...sue