Re: Question about MSWord

Subject: Re: Question about MSWord
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- AIRMAIL -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 21:02:33 +600

On 20 Apr 97 at 13:24, Paula Puffer wrote:

> He had a 162 page document opened in Word 95 and when he would
> insert a page break or an section break, it would make his headers
> mess up. The breaks would cause the headers to be larger than they
> needed to be. We stumbled on one solution... put extra lines on the

This happens sometimes when Word tries to make the breaks and the
headings all the same paragraph. Select the whole thing (probably if
you try to select just the page break, you'll see that Word insists
on selecting the header on the new page, too).

1. Change it all to "Body text" style (or "Normal").

2. Go to the first word in the heading and hit Enter. This forces
a good "End paragraph" for Word.

3. Select ONLY the line that you want to be a header and apply the
Heading 1 (or 2,3, etc.) style.

4. If necessary, now remove that empty line.

That should work.

Jane Bergen

"my opinions are my own..."
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer