Question about MSWord

Subject: Question about MSWord
From: Paula Puffer <techwrtr -at- CEI -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:24:46 -0500

OK I ran into this yesterday when I was working at school and one of my
profs came and got me.

The background:
He working on a book and has gotten manuscripts in a variety of formats.
They've all been converted to MSWord '95. And he was getting read to do
global sorts of editing.

He had a 162 page document opened in Word 95 and when he would insert a
page break
or an section break, it would make his headers mess up. The breaks would
cause the headers to be larger than they needed to be. We stumbled on one
solution... put extra
lines on the page and it would nudge the text up until he had the normal
headers within 1" margins. But this also defeats the purpose of a page
break or a section break that kicks to the next page. Has anyone else run
into this problem? How did you solve it?

Thanks

Paula