Hazard Communication

Subject: Hazard Communication
From: Howard Rauch <techxfr -at- LAKEFIELD -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 19:36:05 -0700

I've been reading with some interest the ISO standards for hazard
communication that have been posted to this list. I'm not familiar with
ISO requirements in this regard. Does ISO define the WARNING, CAUTION,
NOTE (listed from most to least serious)?

Do any of you follow the ANSI Z535 standard?
DANGER - Do this and you WILL like be killed or seriously injured
WARNING - Do this and you COULD be seriously injured (maybe killed)
CAUTION - Do this and you may get hurt or equipment may be damaged

As one who writes manuals for electro-mechanical equipment, my clients
are quite adamant about applying the Z535 standard correctly. This
equipment can cut off hands or fingers, crush hands or heads, and break
bones. The ISO standard would never fly!