Re: Frame 5.1.1, Windows 95 and PostScript

Subject: Re: Frame 5.1.1, Windows 95 and PostScript
From: Theresa Perkins <tperkins -at- LEXMARK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:33:55 EDT

Hi,

Recently, I posted a question about the process of printing books created in
FrameMaker 5.1.1. I really love FrameMaker, but our color-separated PostScript
files don't do well at the print vendor with their prepress software. What I
seem to be hearing from everyone is either:

1. Get a Mac or Unix. (Unfortunately, I write my pubs on the Windows 95
system I test with.)

2. Use the Optimize for Portability option on the PostScript tab in the
printer driver. Before we knew we were having problems, we postscripted without
ADSC or optimize for portability. This created files that were about 4 or 5
times smaller than files created with ADSC. (Doesn't seem too practical.
Where would you store the archive files?)

3. Create PDFs to send to Print vendor. Has anyone tried this??? Are you
having any success?

Being of an inquisitive nature, I would also like to invite you to describe
your printing process, if you are using FrameMaker 5.1.1 and Windows 95.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Theresa

Theresa L. Perkins
Information Development