Speed reading

Subject: Speed reading
From: Earl Morton <WorkgWords -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 09:08:50 -0400

I am sending this question to both the techwriting and indexing mail lists,
so I apologize to those of you who receive two copies.

I am considering taking a speed reading course. As you know, our work
involves reading a great deal of technical material, and I believe that the
improved efficiency and retention such courses promise would be very helpful.
I'd appreciate any of you who have done this telling me about your
experience.

Was it helpful? A waste of time? Was it a classroom course, or a self-study,
book-and-cassette course? I'd like to hear both the good and bad stories, and
if you don't mind, the names of the courses. I know there is a fine line
between bad-mouthing a company you feel has harmed or cheated you, and
honestly expressing disappointment with poor service or performance. So I'll
understand if you're not comfortable hanging out someone else's dirty
laundry. I'm not interested in hurting anybody's business, but as a customer,
I have the right to evaluate both good and bad experiences of others.

At this point I don't want to mention which course I am considering because I
don't want to prejudice the replies.

Thanks!

Earl Morton
WorkgWords -at- aol -dot- com