PDF user guides on the Web?

Subject: PDF user guides on the Web?
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:01:53 -0500

Janice Malone wondered about the practice of putting PDF
versions of entire user guides on the Web. Janice, you
mentioned 1.5 Meg per guide, and I wouldn't even consider
downloading something that big unless I was truly
desperate. If you can use Acrobat 3.0, you might succeed,
since I understand (after an Adobe presentation) that this
latest version lets users download individual pages rather
than the whole document. I can't provide details, though,
so treat this as informed speculation.