Re: Editorial Lattitude

Subject: Re: Editorial Lattitude
From: Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- DHC -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 18:41:14 -0500

> his infinite wisdom, to insert two words which were not in the original.

> I now realise that it's probably a good idea to get a prior written
> agreement from any editor that any changes in an article will be shown to me before publication, and will only be published with my approval.

Unless you're a Michener or a Crichton, you'll find it impossible to get
"rush" approval.

If you can prove damage, you certainly have grounds to sue. But that
right doesn't ensure that you'll win.

A letter from a lawyer to the editor will probably convince the mag to
print a retraction/apology if that's all you want.

I haven't had much luck fussing at magazine editors about some change
they made. They believe, rightly or not, that after paying you, they
have that right.

Good luck.
--
Buck Buchanan