Re: Questions about word 7.0

Subject: Re: Questions about word 7.0
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 10:05:12 -0500

Brian Martin wrote:

> My current project requires documentation in MS Word. We currently have
> version 6.0. We are considering whether to use 7.0 since we will need to
> create an HTML version of the document.
>
> A few questions I have are:
>
> How is backward compatibility with 6.0?
> How well does 7.0 perform Web page functions?
>
> Are there other considerations I'm ought to know about?

If your only reason to use Word 7.0 is to create an HTML version of the
document, have you considered using Internet Assistant with Word 6.0?
It's a free plugin available from Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/)
that converts Word documents to HTML and provides basic HTML editing
functions. It's not nearly as full-featured as an HTML editor, but it
could save you the expense of upgrading your version of Word.

Regards,
Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019