Internet Instructions Needed

Subject: Internet Instructions Needed
From: Shannon Kelly <shannonk -at- FIRST1045 -dot- FIRST12 -dot- LEHMAN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 16:27:24 -0400

I am writing Internet instructions for novice users and am looking for
non-technical terms to describe the non-changing choices within the
navational frame at the top of each page and those within the changing frame
located at the left-hand side of each page.

I've tried vertical list of links on the left-hand side of each page,
navigational buttons/menus at the top of of each page, ...

Everything sounds cumbersome and overly complicated. Anyone have any
ideas or know of a good book?

Thanks,
Shannon Kelly
shannonk -at- lehman -dot- com