Re: Tracking bugs

Subject: Re: Tracking bugs
From: "Kristine J. Olberg" <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 12:39:36 -0600

----------
> From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA

> I'm helping our developers during the beta testing of our
> first software release. The documentation process is in
> pretty good shape for an _ad hoc_ effort, but the beta test
> itself is going to be a bit chaotic. (Who knew? <grin>) I'm
> currently building a contacts database to let me keep track

I have worked with more than one package that tracks not only bugs but new
projects. IMHO, this is the only way to go if you purchase a package
specifically designed to do just that. One package I'd recommend is PVCS
Tracker, which you can customize to your needs to gather an retain all the
information you specified in your post. I wouldn't create my own method
since these off-the-shelf apps have already done most of the work for you.

Regards...Kris