Re: Does Word 97 Work With RH4?

Subject: Re: Does Word 97 Work With RH4?
From: Pam Owen <Nighthawk1 -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 16:41:24 -0500

>At 11:58 AM 4/3/97 -0800, Mike Johnson wrote:

>>Will Word 97 work? I've heard some gruesome stories about it.
>
>Good questions, Mike. A quick check of the site for Blue Sky Software for
>RH4 compatibility with Word 97 says yes (http://www.blue-sky.com).
>
>Gruesome stories and valuable tips and tricks for Office 97 can be found at
>Woody's Office Watch home page (http://www.wopr.com). Subscribe to his email
>newsletter. You'll be glad you did.
>
>--Wayne Douglass

I agree with Wayne on Woody Leonhard's Word info. Woody's Office Watch
(WOW) is a good, free newsletter in which Woody gives subscribers lots of
great Microsoft Office tidbits. I get it and find it quite valuable.

At the risk of starting another deluge like the one I started on the
WORD-PC list, I wanted to let list TECHWR-L list members know that I
compiled and summarized all the reviews I could find a few weeks ago on the
MS Office 97 upgrade. In the summary I include a list of the Web sites that
had the original reviews. If you'd like a copy, please e-mail me directly.
DO NOT POST REQUESTS TO THE LIST. Sorry to yell, but members on the other
list (including me) got tired of seeing people's requests. :~}

I'll send the summary to you as a self-extracting file. The summary is
quite large, or I'd just post it to the list. I'm trying to get a version
reading for putting on the Web but haven't had the time to finish it yet.

Pamela Owen
Nighthawk Communications
Reston, Virginia, USA
E-mail: Nighthawk1 -at- mindspring -dot- com

"Life is like Sanskrit read to a pony"
- Lou Reed