De-install/Un-install/Uninstall?

Subject: De-install/Un-install/Uninstall?
From: John Wheeler <johnwh -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 09:26:33 -0800

Hi. We're a software company. One of our products has a script
to undo or remove a previously installed product. We'd like to
say something to the effect:

"To uninstall this product, do XYZ..."

We're not sure about the term "uninstall". Other candidate terms are:

de-install
deinstall
un-install

Has anyone faced this particular issue before and decided on
an appropriate term? Or would any grammatical guru care to
give guidance?

Thanks.

John