Re: Word 97 to Frame and Microsoft Bashing

Subject: Re: Word 97 to Frame and Microsoft Bashing
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:32:15 -0800

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997 09:20:43 -0500, George F. Hayhoe wrote:

>Why do file formats change? Why does anything change? It's
>the price we pay for progress--in this case, new features
>that the old file format cannot support.

It's really not that difficult to keep such things bakward-compatible,

>The bottom line? Don't just do it; plan first.

If these ISVs took this advice, we wouldn't even be having this
discussion.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

No more turning away / From the weak and the weary
No more turning away / From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away?
- Pink Floyd, "On The Turning Away"