Overline problem in 32-bit FrameMaker5

Subject: Overline problem in 32-bit FrameMaker5
From: Mary McCauley-Stiff <Mary_McCauley-Stiff -at- STRATUS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 07:46:24 -0500

Calling on the vast knowledge of techwr-l...

Since we have upgraded from the 16-bit version of Frame5 to the 32-bit
version of Frame5, our ChapterTitle tag is not displaying properly. This
tag uses the "overline" feature (in Default Font properties). No matter
what we do, the overline is now smashed up against the top of the
ChapterTitle text, whereas before there was a tiny amount of space
between the line and the top of the text. It doesn't matter what font we
use (Helvetica, Times, whatever). It doesn't matter what the size of the
font is. This problem is evident on the screen and when you print. There
is no way to manually set the distance between the line and the top of
the text.

It's so odd because we can display the same exact file in 16-bit version
of Frame and it displays and prints properly.

When I called Frame they said our printer driver and video driver were
out of date. Before they could help us they said we would have to update
them. That's fine. I can understand that. I upgraded the printer driver
first (to Adobe PS version 4.1). That did not fix the problem. I have
also installed the 5.1.2 "bug fix" versions...which did not fix the
problem. I am now waiting for our IS person to help me upgrade the video
driver, but in the meantime I thought I would post here to see if anyone
else had experienced a similar problem.

I'm not that swift on what a video driver does, so if anyone has *any*
input on this problem, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Mary McCauley-Stiff
mary_mccauley-stiff -at- stratus -dot- com