Re: keyboards

Subject: Re: keyboards
From: Documania <dcma -at- MAIL1 -dot- NAI -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:46:10 -0600

At 03:16 PM 3/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Can anyone tell me the name of a really good keyboard? Perhaps online
>reference as well?
>
>Requirements:
>
>1. I hate those "ergonomic" keyboards like the Microsoft one
>2. I'd like one that has "weighted" keys...ones that resist just a little
>3. Not too expensive
>4. No "special" features like built in mouse, etc.
>

>Thanks for suggestion...I hate my keyboard!!!!!!!!
>
>David Mason

David--

I hate _all_ keyboards except the IBM P/S 2. It alone (in my experience)
possesses the same heft and spring that IBM offered on its Selectric. I
learned how to touch-type on those things and as such am a pounder,
especially when I type fast (100 wpm). In fact, I have discovered a large
difference in my typing accuracy between IBM keyboards and everyone else's.
I equate contemporary PC keyboards with Chiclet gum pieces. They are
shallow, wobbly, inconsistent, cheap. Apple's are the worst! I am still
trying to find someone who has "upgraded" from a P/S 2 who is willing to
part with the keyboard. Any takers out there?

Carolyn Haley
DocuMania
dcma -at- ct1 -dot- nai -dot- net