Re: Courses in Technical Writing

Subject: Re: Courses in Technical Writing
From: John Fisher <fisher -at- EPIC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:50:29 -0800

Chris wirtes:
> I live in the San Francisco Bay area. I've been considering taking
> some courses in technical writing. Right now, I'm at the research stage.
> The local colleges don't seem to offer much--a course or two, but not an
> organized progam of study. One private school, The Webster Institute of
> Technical Skills, offers a twenty week program--two classes a week--which,
> among other things, includes work on Manual Writing and Frame-Maker, and
> also an internship program. The cost is around $3,ooo. Does anyone have
> experience with this program? Any suggestions about other,less expensive
> programs of study--perhaps online?
>
> Chris Hargens

I'm in the Bay Area as well. Every major school (and some minor ones)
offers a Tech Writing certificate program. At least all the south bay
schools do. San Jose State, De Anza, Foothill, UC Extention, Mission, etc.
The UC Extension program is quite good, and it's presented in several
venues around the bay.

John Fisher