Re: Hottest TechCom Topics Today

Subject: Re: Hottest TechCom Topics Today
From: Jay Mead <jlmead -at- OURAY -dot- CUDENVER -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 17:39:58 -0700

If you've read my recent requests for value-added information, you know my
"hottest topic" vote by now:

The value we (communications professionals) add to an organization,
and how to measure it.

This has many ramifications: how we keep a job and a good salary, of
course, but also how we increase the respect we are accorded by management
(who, naturally enough, see all company functions in terms of value, or
ROI); how we can increase the quality of products (through quality
documentation); how we increase our own satisfaction with and growth in
our profession.

Whether it's the "hottest" topic I don't know, but it's certainly among
the most important.

Jay Mead
Galileo International
jay -dot- mead -at- den -dot- galileo -dot- com