Re: who's out there?

Subject: Re: who's out there?
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 14:12:00 -0800

Robbyn,

You'll find, as many of us do, that two-thirds of the posts on this list
won't be applicable to what you're doing. For example, I immediately
delete anything refering to ISO 9000.

Check out our archives in December/January (I think) for a long thread
discussing what the people on this list do. Many of us work for
computer companies, helping create everything from hard copy user guides
to online tutorials to hardware specs. Others work more on the
scientific side, i.e., environmental impact statements. Many others do
something I think could be called business writing, office procedures,
marketing materials, anything a company needs written. I think there
are also some public relations people, too. And, of course, not
everyone is a writer, many are editors or copyeditors. Lots of people
do online help or web pages exclusively.

While you might not find topics on specifics helpful, you'll probably
get a lot out of discussions on writing life, freelancing, dealing with
clients/bosses, and creating effective writing.

But don't think you're in the wrong place because you're tossing more
than half the posts.