Comic Books, Cartoon Strips and Graphic Novels.

Subject: Comic Books, Cartoon Strips and Graphic Novels.
From: Lynn Gottlieb <lynndeg -at- U -dot- WASHINGTON -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 20:51:49 -0800

Hi,

I'm writing a paper about the above topics. I looked in the Chicago
Manual of Style to see if the names of the comic books (e.g. Superman) and
cartoons (e.g. Adam or Calvin and Hobbs) should be italicized, but I could
not find a reference.
Since graphic novels are "novels," I figure their names are italicized.
Does anyone know how cartoons and comic books are supposed to appear in
brochures or papers?

Thanks in advance,

Lynn