style query

Subject: style query
From: Miki Magyar <MDM0857 -at- MCDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 12:08:32 -0700

We're updating our style guide, and have some puzzles:

Do LEDs light, illuminate, turn on, or what?

Do you click a button or click on a button?

When you have an acronym that's derived from a word or phrase but not
from just initial letters, do you capitalize the acronym letters in the
defining phrase, or leave it as normal text?
PHRED (PHrases foR the EruDite)
PHRED (phrases for the erudite)

Please respond to me directly, and I'll post a summary to the List. Thanks!
Miki
mikim -at- mcdata -dot- com