Moving Pix (was Transparent Tifs)

Subject: Moving Pix (was Transparent Tifs)
From: John Glenn <sfarmh1 -at- SCFN -dot- THPL -dot- LIB -dot- FL -dot- US>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:48:21 -0500

This applies to most graphics apps and most formats (TIF,
GIF, et al and, Unix lovers, et-c).

Before exporting (=Save As non-proprietary format) a pix
from the pix app (Corel, Deneba, Designer, Illustrator, ...)
create an unfilled box around the graphic, just slightly
larger than the material to export. Make the unfilled box's
border invisible/transparent (best) or white (if printing on
white paper or displaying on a white background). You are
now (more or less) assured that ALL the carefully crafted
pix will import into ZYX program (assuming the Export As
format is importable, natch).
Another free (probably all it is worth, too) suggestion:
size your graphic before exporting ... this is important
when creating OLH, but seems good practice in ALL
applications; it is SOP wherever I hang my hat. (Afore
anyone sugegsts it, I rarely hang my head.)

John Glenn <sfarmh1 -at- scfn -dot- thpl -dot- lib -dot- fl -dot- us>