New Subscriber Intro

Subject: New Subscriber Intro
From: Cynthia Taylor <ctaylor -at- BELLATLANTIC -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 21:46:35 -0800

Greetings,
I've been eavesdropping on this list for a couple of weeks now, and have
decided it's time to introduce myself. My name is Cynthia (Cindi)
Taylor, and I've been a technical writer/trainer for about ten years.
I've always worked for Universities, but am now starting out on my own
after relocating to Maryland. Most of my writing has been
computer-related, but I've also done work on Human Resource topics and
various other minor projects.

With two young children at home (6 years and 11 months), I intend to
work part time or as a contractor out of my home until my youngest is at
least 18 months. At this time I have two questions - one for the list in
general, and one for "local" (read "Rockville, MD") subscribers:

1) General: If I do not currenly own FrameMaker or FrameMaker+SGML, how
important is it for me to do so? It seems to be considered a standard
tool of the trade, but it would be a serious investment for me right
now.
local resources might you suggest?

Thanks,
Cindi

p.s. My resume is 2-pages long, and I've also had an interviewer point
out a typo to me - was offered the job, but turned it down.