Re: Graphics filter problems

Subject: Re: Graphics filter problems
From: Greg Drew <drewg -at- RPI -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 07:37:35 -0500

>I have about 200 line drawings in HPGL format. We are using >WIN95, so the
> >extension is .hgl . When I import them by >reference into Frame,
everything works fine, they look great, >and Frame identifies them
correctly as HPGL files. I save and >close the file, and come back later,
and Frame displays
>the following message:
>
>"At least one original filter used for the graphics import by >reference
is not available or the import file format has >changed. An alternative
filter may be used if the file is >recognized as a graphic we can import."

>The graphics are greyed out boxes. They graphics have not >moved, or been
altered in any way. If I copy them into the >document, they look great,
but that's not the greatest option in the long term.

Bruce wrote this:

"In the case of Frame 5.01, Adobe told me that it was a "known
bug"--whatever that means. However, if Frame displays or prints graphics
as gray boxes, closing the file and reopening it has always corrected
the problem."

An alternative to closing and reopening the file:
1. Select the gray box by clicking on it once.
2. Press the Delete key.
3. Press Ctrl-Z to undo the delete action.
The image appears on your screen.

This alternative has worked for me every time.

I use Frame 5.1.1 for Windows 95, and have, on occasion,experienced this
problem, though it was much more common with Frame 4.

Greg Drew