Re: Responding to biggest weakness question in interview

Subject: Re: Responding to biggest weakness question in interview
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:10:44 -0500

About the "biggest weakness" question...

When I am asked this question (and it's been a while - haven't had to
interview for a job since '92), I also try to mix the bad with the good.

For instance, when I get knee-deep into a project, I am very persistent,
sometimes to a fault. That is, I might take on the "I'm gonna get this
done no matter what" attitude for a small portion of the task at hand,
though it sometimes leads to proceeding with blinders on -- not taking a
moment to step back and think of alternative solutions to the problem.

So I guess I'm saying that I would pair a normally positive trait with
an occasion where that trait could be or lead to a negative situation.

I hope that the interviewer will appreciate the fact that I am aware of
this weakness, and that as a result of my self-awareness, I can work on
correcting it.

Make sense?

Kim Keegan
keegan -at- explorers -dot- com