Re: The 1-page Resume

Subject: Re: The 1-page Resume
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 12:34:54 -0800

At 12:54 AM 2/20/97 -0600, Daniel Wise wrote:

>How do you summarize 30-40 years of experience in six different industries,
>doing a wide variety of different kinds of publications, using different
>production equipment/methods, and including supervisory and managerial
>experience, in one page and also have room for academics, honors, awards,
>achievements, and publications, let alone statement of a goal?

Yabbut, Dan,
Why would you think that what you did 30 years ago in a different industry
is pertinent to the job you're applying for *now* in *this* industry? Even
in the same industry, old experience isn't really relevant.

The way I've summarized that info? Stating the number of years in the
industry and adding the line "miscellaneous older systems" to my hardware/OS
list. Not even *I* really care that I used to be an expert in Wang Decision
Processing, and I threw away all my 8" diskettes *years* ago! ;-)

Susan W. Gallagher Manager, Technical Publications
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com Expersoft Corporation, San Diego CA
http://www.expersoft.com