Re: WP post-script/distilling

Subject: Re: WP post-script/distilling
From: Tom Obenchain <Tom -dot- Obenchain -at- MCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 11:53:00 -0700

John Engler wrote:

>Question: How do I print a WordPerfect doc to a post-script file that I
>can distill in Acrobat?

I haven't used WP but I do it all the time from Word. If you are using
W95, simply add a new printer to your printer folder.

Start|Settings|Printers|Add Printer

Use the wizard to set up a new printer that will for print ps files.
I use the Linotronic 630. I suppose any would work. Be sure to set
up the new printer as a local printer rather than a network printer.

When you have finished adding the printer, go to WP and print your
document, using the new print driver. Be sure to choose the "print to
file" option in the print dialog box. Also, be sure to choose "all
files" rather than "printer files." Name your file using a .ps extension.

For example: testdoc.ps

When you click OK to print, you should get a dialog box asking where
to store the file you are printing.

IMPORTANT: Do not choose an HP printer when you add the new printer.
Many HP printers are PS and PCL capable. The post script created
by HP print drivers includes special header information used by
HP printers to determine if they should use PS or PCL. This extra
header information sends the Distiller for a loop.

Good luck,

Tjo