farewell from the ice (humor)

Subject: farewell from the ice (humor)
From: "PRADERIO, LAURA" <PRADERLA -dot- MCMURDO -at- MCMURDO -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 14:34:00 NZD

hello all,

just about finishing up my season here, hectically, and wanted to say
thanks for all the help before i sign off. i greatly appreciate the quick
replies and humor that came along with the comments.

we have moved forward from dos (yuck!) to windows (ms word) and are well
on our way to placing documentation up on web pages (docs in .html or
linked as .pdfs). whew!

the ice messages will continue next austral summer as i've decided to
come back down here (contract) and freeze some more. (in a weak moment i
decided the galley food wasn't so bad!) otherwise, you'll be seeing the
occassional post when i get back to the u.s. in april.

on a technical writing note:
i am, from april to july, looking for a short-term contract in
massachusetts if anyone needs a writer /editor with a master's and about
9 years experience in the field. and the new training i've gotten
prepares me for any diverse writing assignments you may have in
crevasses, scott tents in whiteout conditions, snowmounds, cold vansto
work in stuck in the snow at south pole, and dome climbing (pole). i'd
also be just as happy with a place that has a water fountain and
bathroom. `-)

my perm email address is
lpraderio -at- aol -dot- com

graci,
stay cool!
laura praderio
mcmurdo station, antarctica
praderla -dot- mcmurdo -at- mcmurdo -dot- gov
lpraderio -at- aol -dot- com