Editorial and technical reviews

Subject: Editorial and technical reviews
From: Michelle Nichols/VENTANA <Michelle_Nichols/VENTANA -dot- ITP -at- LGATE -dot- VMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:19:29 EDT

>>My boss wants the programmers to do both an editorial and technical
>>review. I would like them to not waste the time *right now* on an
>>editorial review, and just concentrate on the technical stuff (like,
>>am I in left field or right field, or am I right on base?). I've

Do you think that your boss is really saying that the programmers can give you
one pass through the material, and one pass only?

I agree that you should get the initial technical reivew up front and then have
a second review where they concentrate on editorial and technical issues. It
makes much more sense, but sometimes you only get one crack at the programmer's
attention. Could you spend an hour with a select few programmers asking them
specific questions about the online help to make sure you are on the right
track and save the reviews until later, when it is ready for the technical and
editorial review at once?

Michelle Nichols