Student internships

Subject: Student internships
From: Mary Massirer <Mary_Massirer -at- BAYLOR -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 10:13:11 -0600

Our English Dept. requires its Professional Writing majors to intern in the
community for a semester. Our Literature majors may do so as an option. The
students work several hours a week, off campus, and get 3 hours credit. At
the end they produce a portfolio. This fall I'll be supervising these interns
for the first time and would like to find out what other campuses are doing.
If your school has such a program or if you have experience with internships,
I would appreciate your sharing information with me. Thanks, Mary Massirer
(mary_massirer -at- baylor -dot- edu)