Re: Version Release Notes

Subject: Re: Version Release Notes
From: joanne grey <j -dot- grey -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 18:27:11 -0800

Nostradamus predicted that Rebecca Phillips would write:

> For those of you who write version release notes, do you refer back to
> the parts of the manual affected in the release notes themselves? Do
> customers find this helpful? Distracting? Do you think it's a good idea?

We never refer to chapters or pages in the original document in a
release note. Enhancements are discussed at whatever length is
neccessary, but we don't send the user back to the manual. We *do*
refer to them in Publication Notes - where we can state that the
information on page xx needed clarification, or something along those
lines, and in read.me files.