Re: Copyright/trademark information request

Subject: Re: Copyright/trademark information request
From: d r <writeagain -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 13:37:54 EST

IMHO, I don't think this question has limited interest, Misti because as
writers/editors we can all be in this predicament possibly.

As far as I know, the thing is to try not to be in this and do the steps
before it gets this far. Again, I need to refer you to the National
Writers Union. They have made great strides in this issue. When they were
compiling research about it, they interviewed me (among others I'm sure),
that's how I know about this stuff.

Also, I know of people who wished they hadn't put certain things on web
pages or given permission to, or not known the difference, and it is
tougher after the fact.