e-mail etiquette

Subject: e-mail etiquette
From: Dianne Walsh <ldwalsh -at- VOICENET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 20:18:55 -0500

First, thanks to those of you who attempted to help me solve my PageMaker
printing problems that I wrote about last week. Unfortunately, even after
calling Adobe tech support, the problem persists. I'm not sure what the next
move is except to keep hoping that new printer I've been promised shows up soon.

Now for today's question. Do any of you know where I might locate a listing
of e-mail etiquette do's and don'ts--or do any of you work for companies
that have established e-mail guidelines? Several fellow employees have asked
me about this lately and suggested I write a column on the subject for our
company newsletter (which I write 90% of anyway). My personal opinion is to
handle e-mail correspondence in the same manner as "pen and paper"
correspondence, but maybe I'm wrong?? I'd love to hear your comments and
opinions--and if this has been discussed before, please forgive me for
bringing it up again.

D. Walsh
Dianne Walsh E-Mail: ldwalsh -at- voicenet -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer or: ldw -at- locke -dot- ccil -dot- org
MEDecision Inc. URL: http://www.voicenet.com/~ldwalsh

If things improve with age, I'm nearly perfect.