Re: Word 7.0 template problem

Subject: Re: Word 7.0 template problem
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 16:44:45 +0000

On 22 Jan 97 at 13:48, Elna Tymes wrote:

> Several wrote me privately with suggestions along this line. I
> tried every one of them, and that gray bar is apparently not an
> object. No handles appear around it when looked at as text or as
> graphics. I can't position the cursor on it nohow noway.
> <frustrated sigh>
>
> There *are* bars used as part of the formatting for some of the
> heads, Heading 1 in particular, and those are clickable. But those
> bars are black, with reverse lettering for the head, and I could
> change the shading on those just fine.
>
> Where would one look for something that appears on an odd page only
> if it isn't part of the page setup, isn't part of the header style,
> and isn't an object?
>
> Elna Tymes
> Los Trancos Systems

I missed the original message here, so I may be jumping in and
missing something....but I just opened a new doc built on the
"Contemporary Report" template in Word 7.0 to check it out. The only
gray bars I see that you might be talking about are the style called
"Block Quotation" -- is this the one? If so, that gray bar is the
result of setting up the paragraph style with a vertical gray border.
You can change it in the style dialog by clicking Modify, Border.

"Heading 1" style uses a horizontal shading, available from the same
Modify>Border dialog.

Everything else is clickable, thus a graphic. If your template has
something mine doesn't, I'd like to see it, just out of curiosity.
Another possibility is that something is a "watermark" and thus
appears on every odd page. I didn't see it in the print preview,
though. Look up the word "watermark" in the online help.

Now you've really got my curiosity....

Jane Bergen

"my opinions are my own..."
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer