Re: A Sticky Situation

Subject: Re: A Sticky Situation
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 07:31:46 -0600

You might also look at what that writer is bringing to the table that
Jean is not. For instance, in my environment and to my management, a
writer who is raw, but understands object-oriented concepts well and can
write well, would be considered worth more than someone with lots of
experience, but little understanding. If that's the case, the manager
might have gone that way exactly because your neighbor has lots of
experience.

She shouldn't go in without being willing to ask what she has to do to
improve, as well. I don't know your neighbor, but there might be a
problem of some sort with her background and her ability to pick a
certain thing up. I go back to my O-O experience. Ideally, when we get
another writer, I'd like to get one experienced with both O-O and
producing documentation. But because of our schedule, I'd be more
willing to take someone inexperienced who could write over an
experienced person with little background.

Also, I hate to bring this up, but are sex and race involved?

Chris

--
Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer
Greenbrier & Russel