Re: Having Writers Block

Subject: Re: Having Writers Block
From: Linda Castellani <castle -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:19:14 -0800

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Yvonne DeBellotte wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need some information since I am new to the freelance writers
> scene.
>
> 2. Also what is a 'tear sheet'? Is it the same as a writing sample?

Whoever asked for the tear sheet has a background in print media.
In fact, the only use of "tear sheet" that I'm familiar with has to
do with advertising. A tear sheet in advertising is proof that
your advertisement ran in the specified publication on the specified
date.

I've never seen it used in the tech writing industry at all.

It *sounds* like someone wants it to mean the same thing as a
writing sample, but I'd have to know the context to say for sure.