Re[2]: Editors

Subject: Re[2]: Editors
From: Stacey Marner <marners -at- CORSAIR -dot- MANTECH-WVA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 12:31:24 EST

Phil,

Thanks. (But I like the Straw Man...) I agree. I'm working with a
great person on my first user manual and we're thinking that. When I
first began this job I got a hold of Judith Tarutz's book on Technical
Editing and it really was useful (and fun to read, to my amazement).
The thing is, not all of our stuff is supposed to be a reference. We
do proposals, monthly reports, reports on research. I guess things
just get lengthy but the prose seem so choppy and a lot of times I
think important steps are missing. Then there's the issue of who's
reading these. They're probably executives who have just a little
more technical knowledge than I do.

Stacey
Subject: RE: Editors
Author: "Phil Hellerman" <Phil -dot- Hellerman -at- MCI -dot- Com> at Internet