Re: Readability and point size

Subject: Re: Readability and point size
From: Bob Morrisette <robert -dot- morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 09:37:30 -0800

From: Daniel G. Dresner" daniel -dot- dresner -at- NCC -dot- CO -dot- UK

>An amusing (?) concept, of which I was informed, some time ago is the
>'rule' that people over the age of 40 have difficulty in reading
>anything under 12 point. Therefore, and this is NOT me saying this,
>anyone over the age of 40 receiving text that is less than 12 point
>has to put on their spectacles to read it.

snip/

While many people over 40 do have vision problems, almost all
wear corrective lenses to improve their vision to normal.
Vision for the over 40 crowd is not a reason to use 12 pt.
We always use 12 pt because it is easier to read than smaller text.
I not not believe that using 12 pt is a waste of space.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot-