Copyright Laws

Subject: Copyright Laws
From: Stacey Marner <marners -at- CORSAIR -dot- MANTECH-WVA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 11:12:25 EST

Hello. Something I'm trying to find information on right now is
the body of laws that bind what we can quote, what we can't, how much
credit we have to give, etc. I think I have a pretty good idea of
what's needed morally, but I would like to know what the law says. I
think the fact that we sell these writings, essentially, since they
accompany our products (software and such), complicates this issue. If
anyone has access to any of the actual laws used in prosecuting
plagiarism cases, I would be very interested to see them. As our
editor I'd feel more comfortable knowing what our legal boundaries
are.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
SAM