Re: Tech Doc in...

Subject: Re: Tech Doc in...
From: "Bailey, Doug S" <dsbailey -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 12:18:36 -0600

>Have you even the slightest inkling of how offensive someone might find
>a "tongue-in-cheek" example of "Ebonics"?

One more thing I forgot to add... The example was funny, even
though it was a joke, right? What would you think if such a
document was created with serious business intent? Wouldn't
that be WORSE? The document was funny because *Ebonics*
made it ridiculous, not because it was written in a funny way
using the Ebonics dialect.

It's much like the story of The Emperor's New Clothes. You can
pretend all you want, but some things really AREN'T what you
insist that they are...

Doug