Tech Doc in Ebonics

Subject: Tech Doc in Ebonics
From: Laura Dent <Laura-Dent -at- DESHAW -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 15:02:31 -0500

it's official, folks - I have just seen my first example of technical
documentation written in Ebonics! granted it's tongue-in-cheek, strictly
for internal use, etc., but I got a huge kick out of it ...

a friend at another company showed me a document titled:

"Taggin' with the Parser"

and in the intro, "Wassup wid Dis," the author explained that the
document was written in Ebonics for maximum comprehensibility ...

can't reproduce it entirely (of course), but it had me howlin' ...
the examples were particularly good:

YoMamaFat [variable: "how fat is she?"]

my friend explained that this is *the doc* that their company is using for
this parser ... the "Ebonics" was sprinkled throughout; certainly makes
for fun reading! whatever works, I guess, to keep the audience interested.

so, *now* can we discuss Ebonics on the list? ;-)

[disclaimer: JUST KIDDING]

laura