Re: HELP! need to open password-prot. WordPerf. doc

Subject: Re: HELP! need to open password-prot. WordPerf. doc
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 12:10:12 -0600

Kris Olberg wrote:

> HELP! This might have been discussed here before, but I'm desperate for a
> solution now.

> Does anyone know how to open a password-protected WordPerfect document
> without knowing the password? I don't intend to do anything unethical. The
> document is a resume that was created years ago in WordPerfect and now needs
> to be updated STAT!

This isn't what you want to hear, but my understanding is that it simply
can't be done. WP even states somewhere in the documentation that not
even their own technical support people can do it.

Regards,
Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019