Re: Frame Spelling Problem Fix

Subject: Re: Frame Spelling Problem Fix
From: Grant M Goodman <grantg -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 10:13:06 EST

On Sun, 15 Dec 1996 17:27:14 -0500 Bob Hooker <rlhooker -at- TIAC -dot- NET> writes:
>An item to save for if and when you get the problem:

>A week or so ago I posted a message about a peculiar problem I was =
>having with my FrameMaker documents. The problem was that it would
>spell check some paragraph types but not others. I tried everything I
could
>think of and nothing worked. I finally found a fix of sorts and all is
>well again:

>1. Save the Frame document in RTF.
>2. Open the RTF document in MS Word. (Another word processor might do
>as well.)
>3. Save it as an MS Word document.
>4. Open it again in Frame.

>The spell checking problem is gone, but so, too, is a lot of your
>painstakingly crafted formatting. A couple of hours of patching up the
>formats and importing them into the rest of the documents in the book
>completes the process.

This is a fix!?? Forgive me if I've misunderstood the problem, but how
about this fix, instead:

1. Save the Frame document in RTF.
2. Open the RTF document in MS Word.
3. Run spell check in Word, jotting down any needed corrections on a
piece of paper with a pen.
4. Open the Frame document in Frame.
5. One by one, search for and correct the spelling errors you have
listed on your piece of paper.

That might save the "couple of hours of patching."

Grant Goodman, Belmont, Mass. : GrantG -at- juno -dot- com