Re[2]: A little moderation, please

Subject: Re[2]: A little moderation, please
From: Matthew Stern <MAStern -at- PLATSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 09:28:00 -0800

Regarding the question:

>What about splitting the list into interest areas?

I get daily digests. If we split up the list, would I have to subscribe
and get a digest for each sublist? As someone mentioned earlier, people
are likely to cross post, so that I would have to go through the same
messages on each digest.

As a digest recipient, it would be easier for me to just get one list,
as I do now. I can then press Page Down to go past the topics that don't
interest me.

However, if we do decide to split up the list, I recommend the following
in addition to Arlen Walker's categories (TECHWR-Whining that the list
is too busy and TECHWR-Me Too):

TECHWR-Flame Wars
TECHWR-Academic Snobbery
TECHWR-Beating-a-Dead-Horse Topics

:)

Matthew Stern
Sr. Technical Writer
Platinum Software Corporation

e-mail: mastern -at- platsoft -dot- com
Personal web site: http://members.aol.com/mastrn/

Opinions expressed here are solely my own.